30 marca, 2010

Why Do I Blog, Tweet and FB - and why in English?

Those are questions I've been asking myself a lot lately. The reason why I do this is simple. Paul says: So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31). So even blogging, twitting and facebooking can be done in such a way that it's glorifying God. For several times I've been told that people were encouraged by what I wrote and therefore I see it as something worth of doing. As other things, even this has a downside - pride. It's really easy to slip and make these "holy tweets and posts" just another way how to boast. It's easy to publish something so that people would think how "smart and holy" I am. That is a great danger of this blog, Twitter and Facebook. As anything else, even this can miss the point it was created for - to glorify God (as Paul says "For by him all things were created...all things were created through him and for him" - Colossians 1:16).

Another question I've been asked is why I blog and tweet in English. The reason is simple: vast majority of people that read this blog speak English, but very few speak Slovak. Thus, by having this blog in English I am able to reach more people than in Slovak. But there are few changes:

1) Slovak version of my blog was launched: http://www.tomasovicsk-sk.blogspot.com. My friend Maťa has undertaken to translate it. The plan is that it will be a mirror version of English blog (although not always).
2) From now on I've decided to tweet and facebook only in Slovak. Why? Because things have changed and now I believe I can reach more people if I do it in Slovak than in English.

And so what do you find on my blog and twitter? I will post articles on my blog to let you know about my life. What I'm learning about God and what is He teaching me. Where He's leading me and what's going on here in Trnava. On Twitter (and Facebook - they are linked) I publish things that I found interesting to share. It comes from my devotions, books I'm reading or just thoughts that were in my mind.

Feel free to comment on anything. Blog posts, statuses, whatever... Also, please hold me accountable if you start sensing a prideful attitude behing my "online work".

For His glory,
Marek

Žiadne komentáre: