03 februára, 2010

Serving on-the-go

This is a kind of late update, but anyway. Let me tell you what I am up to these coming days. Few weeks ago I’ve been invited by a Lutheran church in Košice to come and be their speaker at KEcy klub. It’s an after camp ministry for kids that went to an English camp in the summer (but not only for them). I’ll be talking about “Who are you a fan of?” Or another sub-title is “On whose side are you on?” The Bible verse I’ll be using is Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money”.

It is my first experience of traveling somewhere for the purpose to serve. So far I have always served here at home and never traveled in order to serve. It's gonna be different this time even because I know maybe two people in Košice and so I will serve to people I've never met. But I am really excited about it. Therefore there are some things I would like to ask you to pray for (if you can still make it since this post is kind of late:) Please pray for:
  • safe traveling (I’ll be traveling all together over 500 miles – and that’s a lot for Slovaks:)
  • arrival on time (we’ve got lots of snow here and the train might be delayed and it would not be the best if I were late)
  • the talk not to be boring (I’ll be speaking to teenagers in the age between 15-18 yrs old)
  • God using me for His glory
Later this week I will write about how it all went…

Marek

Žiadne komentáre: