30 augusta, 2008

Me, myself, and iPhone

That's an article I read today on some website. That guy was talking how easy it is for a human to turn from God to the technology we have in these days. How to begin to rely on a wrong thing. Here's something from what he wrote:

A capable cell phone today has more computing power than the computer that took the Apollo astronauts to the moon. I love science, because it displays God's wisdom (Proverbs 8:22-31). I love technology, because it shows what great gifts God has given to us, and what great human capacity God has given us to exercise dominion (Genesis 1:28-30). But I see hopes placed in science and technology that they cannot fulfill. Science, it is said, will solve the problems of world hunger. It will bring world peace. And more and better technology will solve the problems introduced by lesser technology. Well, sometimes; and in some ways. Maybe science will find an efficient way to harness nuclear fusion to produce clean power—or maybe not. But we can be awash in technology and still be hate-filled or lonely. You can have 200 friends on Facebook and have no one who really knows you, no one who loves you.

At the end he said that we should not forget what way we're suppose to walk on. That Jesus is the way (John 14:6). The way for us!

1 komentár:

Ande Truman povedal(a)...

I think your comment about having hundreds of friends on facebook, yet having no one who really loves you is a very realistic thing that happens to so many people. Sometimes I feel like I can relate!