26 marca, 2009

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want...

In the past year God was greatly showing me how He takes care of His own children. It was about a year ago when I went to a youth workers conference and at that time I was facing the question whether to join the Dorast team or not. Beside the question itself whether I was called into this ministry I was facing another problem. When I was thirteen I got a job (delivering newspapers) and ever since I (almost) always had a job and that means I was used to have some income (for me as a kid and later student it was a great thing). In the matter of money I was able to take care of myself for extra stuff. So I wanted to go for a summer camp or a conference, for a trip or to get a driving license I had my own money that I used. I didn't need (almost) any help from my parents. And not just this kind of things I used the money for. If I wanted something (like my first iPod) I always used my money.

I was working mainly on Fridays and Saturdays. But now there was a problem because Dorast happens on Saturdays and there was no way for me to be able to be working at the Building on Fridays and be doing Dorast on Saturdays and still do the newspapers in between. So I was facing these two decisions:
1. Go for Dorast and leave the job and after a long time be without any income
2. Keep the job and not joining the team

At this youth workers conference I somehow found confidence that if I would go with the first option it would be good. And so I said to God something like this:
"Lord, I'm going to leave my job so I can serve You. I'll give up on everything that comes from this job in exchange for being able to work for You. But I have a request. Please, You must take care of me. I'm giving myself to You and completely trusting You that You'll take care of me."
And so I left my job and joined the team. During the summer I worked at the camps we do here in Trnava but there were events that I really wanted to attend. Like the youth conference and CampFest and like that. But there was a problem. I didn't have any money and I didn't know of any way how to earn money. But then God began showing me His caring love and provided me enough money to go everywhere I wanted to go to. Enough to go to the conference and CampFest and even more. God provided abundantly.

And throughout the whole year I saw how God was taking care of everything I needed. It really helps me to understand better what it means when Jesus says: But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. I said to God: I'll do whatever You want me to. But take care of me. And He did so in a way that blows me away every time I think about it.

And not that He was taking care of my material needs only. As He was leading me through this year He was teaching me so much about myself. Showed me who I am and where is my place in His kingdom. And He was so gracious to me that He showed me love in a way I have never seen before and that's changing my life...

Žiadne komentáre: