06 apríla, 2009

When God's mercy and love suprises you

I'm not talking here about being suprised by God's mercy and love because God Himself says that He is love and He is merciful to many. But what I'm talking here about is when God does something the way that it over exceeds all your imaginations.

Last weekend we had ŠPM. Unfortunately it was our last one in Žilina (there's one more but it's not gonna be in Žilina) so I felt kind of sad that we won't come here for ŠPM anymore. And I looked back into the past and I started from October when we first came to Žilina. I entered the room and saw quite a few people that I had never seen. Actually, Dominik was the only one I knew (and one guy from Trnava - Jožo - but we kind of got to know on the train on the way to Žilina). And I see all of these months as it passed by. We went to Romania, we had TVT in Tatras, youth in Žilina and many more. And then all of these times during the "study" time (I put study in quotes because I never felt the way it was a school - a school is boring, this was not:) when I've learned so much and God was teaching me through these people about Himself in such a great way.

And now I see it's April already and only one more meeting ahead of us. It's sad on one hand that soon it's going to be over. Though on the other hand I'm happy cause it means that we've been through this all and we've been given so much and so now we can go back to our church and we can pass down what has been passed down to us.

And when I came to Žilina for ŠPM the first time I thought that all I'm going to get from this is just some study and knowledge. But God had greater things in mind. Not just that He was teaching me how to be a better servant of His but also He gave me many new people to meet. If someone would have told me in October what all is ŠPM going to bring into my life I would probably not believe him. But it has brought way more than I thought it could.

And that's why I'm so thankful in these days. That He had much better plans for me that I could imagine. He has done way more then I ever expected Him to do. I didn't ask. I didn't even know that I wanted it or needed it for that matter. But as Jusus says: your Father knows what you need before you ask him. (Mt 6:8)

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
(Psalm 118:1)

Žiadne komentáre: