26 novembra, 2009

Preaching and me...

Friends, another update…and a prayer request is here:)

About a month ago I was asked by our pastor to preach at our church. I find it as a great privilege and honor to teach the Word of God to our congregation. But it’s not just a great privilege; it’s also a great responsibility. So I want to ask you to pray for me as I prepare the sermon. I’ve done some teaching before, but it was only for youth groups and small groups. Never a sermon! It’s going to be something totally new to me that I have never experienced before. The truth is that I’m a pretty young guy how hasn’t even finished his high school. And the fact that I will preach humbles me even more. So I want to ask you to pray for me. Especially that:

• I would be faithful to the Word of God and the preaching would not be in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that their faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God (1 Corinthians 2:4-5).
• That my youth would not be a barrier to the hearers (1 Timothy 4:12).
• That I might do this with joy and not with groaning (Hebrews 13:17).
• That God would be glorified and to Him given all the glory (Ephesians 3:21).

I’ll give my first preach on December 13th. Please pray that God would be honored and glorified in my preparation and the actual preaching…

Marek

Žiadne komentáre: