22 júla, 2008

Through the Looking Glass: Reflections on Christ That Change Us

Last Sunday I finished reading a book. But this book was special to me in various ways. The first is that the author of the book is a close person to me and the second because I was looking forward to reading this book for so long (the reason why I didn't read it sooner is because I got little problems with my reading time and I found myself unable to make a regular time to read - simply it was hard for me to keep on reading, not because a book would be boring or me having some reading issues - just cannot make the time). But let me tell you what is the book about and what did I gain from reading it.

The book is about the person called Jesus Christ. It talks about Christ and who He really is. It takes a closer look at Him and the things He has done for us and the background of this all. It describes His love toward us and the reason of this love and gives you all of this in an easy way to understand. It begins from the divine nature of Christ as God-man and gives you lots of new points of view at Christ.

To me personally it made closer and cleaner what Christ did for me and who Jesus really is. Kris' book is a really great book and I'm happy I got to read it. It just showed me how much it really cost to buy my soul from the slavery of sin. And it helped me to understand Jesus a lot more and brought my relationship with Him to a new higher level what I'm really thankful for, because I can tell you - it's great!

And if you have never read any of Kris' books and would want to find something really interesting to read you're done with searching. I gotta admit that the way Kris writes his books is amazing. Because he was able to pass me a lot of great stuff through the books in a simple language that even I can understand (and my English is not good enough to read hard theological stuff). Kris has done a great job with his books.

Since I have got my reading "problem" I've read only two books. Both are Kris' (the first book of his is called The Enemy Within: Straight Talk About the Power and Defeat of Sin) and I think it just got me in a place when I really desire to learn about God and to explore what all He has done for me. So today I begin to read another book. Hopefully I'll be done with the book within two weeks (that's my schedule) and I'll be able to share with you about it. Wish me luck.

1 komentár:

Seggi povedal(a)...

aj ja si chcem precitat jeho knihy, ale tu sa to asi kupit neda ;(
Tesim sa ze sa ti pacila ta kniha a ze ti nieco dala!