16 júla, 2008

Vienna trip

On Monday, Libby took Dominik and me for a trip to Vienna. And it was a really cool day, let me tell you...

The day before the trip Libby and Dominik went to Tesco to buy some food and drinks and make some sandwiches. Then when everything was ready we met at the morning and went to the train station in Trnava. We took our train to Bratislava and there we switched with a train that took us right to Vienna. So far - everything goes according the plan. But not for long...

It was about 10 am and we got a little hungry. So we opened up our backpack and took out the sandwiches. But. For some unknown reason all of them (except one) were wet and disgusting to eat. Libby was sad about it because she wanted to have a great day. You can't imagine what fun it was for Dominik and me :-) So we went to some store for a little snack (it's something like in IKEA, you take what you want and then you pay). And in the store I got coffee poured out on me from a waiter. So I smelled like a coffee for the rest of the day.

Then we took a subway to St. Stephen's Cathedral. It's a nice and glorious cathedral (nothing that we don't have in Trnava :-) Then we went to visit an art museum Libby was so excited. Then we went to some tree park where we just lied down and had s0me little rest. We planned to go to a castle but we didn't have enough time so we took another subway to Prater (it's a theme park in Vienna. When I went to Vienna for the fist time I went there and I was so excited about it 'cause in Slovakia we don't have anything like that). And Dominik and me went to the most crazy attraction there. I'm not going to describe it you but instead I'll show you what was that like:



This attraction is the craziest one in the whole theme park. The basic description is: you sit down to a bench that has bungee ropes and it will shoot you up over 150 meters (164 yards) and then you're just falling down and swinging up and down. The speed is over 160 km per hour (100 miles per hour). And I can tell that it was great and next time I'll go to this theme park I'll get a ride again :-)

We went then for another two attractions (couldn't more because we took the craziest rides and it's pretty expensive there). Then we went to the subway station again and wanted to get somewhere closer to the train station that our train was suppose to go from. First we thought it's U2 subway so we took it. But then we realized it's U3 (because for some reason I thought we began at the beginning of U3 subway). So we stopped by the St. Stephen's Cathedral (because we kinda knew it there already) to have some dinner. We found some pizzeria that was as full as they would be playing the game how-many-people-would-fit-in-here? . But in the time we got there some people were about to leave so we grabbed their chairs and had dinner there.


When we were done (thinking we have about 45 minutes to get the train and all we have to do is just get a subway that would take us there) we went to a subway station and took our U3. Well, it took us to the place we wanted to go but when we got out of the subway we expected to see at least something familiar. But this was the place we've never been to. And it was only 30 minutes before the train was suppose to leave and we had no idea where we are and where we're going. So we prayed in a subway for enough time and for the resources how to get there. So we asked random people but they didn't know how to get there either. But they gave as an idea. Get a taxi.

So we got off of the subway at a big station and went out with a thought to get a taxi that would take us to the train station. We were out and there was NO taxi. Suddenly I saw one. And I said: God just sent as a taxi. But it was on the other side of a intersection and I couldn't get there because I had the red light and he was about to get green. But I didn't see any cars coming so I ran into the taxi car and waved at the taxi driver the way he would know I am a potential customer :-) He open the door I jumped in and pointed with a finger at out train ticket with the name of the train station and asked him: Can you get me there? He said it's not a problem and we drove little to get Libby and Dominik. In this point it was 15 minutes before the train was suppose to leave. It was raining and we were hurry to get to the station. We prayed to make it (otherwise it would mean we're not going to get home 'till the next day) . And we had a lot of green lights at intersections and we were really thankful for that. We arrived to the train station 4 minutes before the train was suppose to leave. When we got into the train station I saw familiar place and I knew that this time we're at the right place. We ran upstairs to our platform and the only thing we could've done was just to wave to the train. And then I said: God just took the train away from us. If we would get there just 30 seconds earlier we would make it.

We knew that there's a train going from Vienna to Bratislava every hour but we didn't know whether we'll be able to get a train from Bratislava to Trnava. So I went to find out when is another train going and whether we're gonna get home today. A nice guy at the information place printed out for me the schedule and I came to Libby and Dominik and I said: I knew God wouldn't leave us here. There was a train going from Bratislava 15 minutes from the tiem we were suppose to arrive to Bratislava. And it was at 10:28 pm so we were waiting there for 45 minutes. Then the train came and this time we were there and were ready to go home. Came to Bratislava where we were suppose to switch trains and go to Trnava. There were two trains going to Košice but only one was going trough Trnava. As ridiculous as it sounds we almost got into the wrong one. And what's really interesting even though we took a train that left from Vienna one hour later we got to Trnava only 15 minutes after the time we were suppose to get back with the first train. A little after midnight we arrived to Trnava's train station and went home to sleep. We all were so tired that the next day I woke up at 1 pm what is pretty late for me :-)

As I look at that day now, even though there were some problems and sometimes we didn't even know where we were going, I consider it as a great day. I went to Vienna, museum, hanged out at the tree park, took subway, stopped the taxi in the middle of intersection, missed the train and still I spent this day with really close friends of mine and I'm really thankful for that.

4 komentáre:

Ande Truman povedal(a)...

Dude! That sounds like an awesome day. I laughed out loud a few times during your story; it felt like reading a movie script. :) Glad you got home safe and didn't get stuck in Vienna. Oh by the way, if I ever go there with you, you CAN'T make me go on that crazy bungee ride- that sounds scary.

Anonymný povedal(a)...

to je super marek..Boh robi divy...som rada ze stemai super den...

Seggi povedal(a)...

znie to ako paradny vylet, a ta atrakcia...CRAZY!!!

Petra povedal(a)...

kokos, ty lubis pisat! :)